Hotchkiss is a quiet mountain town with plenty of restaurants, shopping and accommodations. It lies at the intersection of Colorado 92 and 133, about thirty miles east of Delta.
Recreation – Because of its convenient location, outstanding recreation and sightseeing can be found in every direction. To the north is Paonia State Park and further north is Carbondale and Glenwood Springs. Crested Butte is a two hour drive in the summer.
- Both Crawford and Paonia state parks have campgrounds
- North Rim of Black Canyon of the Gunnison has 13 campsites in a high mountain forest.
- Crawford Reservoir is open to fishing and boating.
- Muddy Creek runs to the north on Highway 92. It also runs through Paonia State Park.
- The northern entrance to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison is south near Crawford.
- Trails in the Grand Mesa National Forest can be accessed to the north on Highway 133, as well as west on CO 92, and then north on Highway 65.
May – Hotchkiss Sheep Camp Stock Dog Trials – The town celebrates their sheep ranching tradition annually on Mother’s Day Weekend in mid May.
Aug – Delta County Fair & Rodeo – Longstanding western festival celebrated annually since 1897, held in early August.
Things To Do near Hotchkiss, CO
- Penny (53mi)
Made in Colorado: