Crawford has a small downtown section, with a few restaurants, shops and a post office. There’s not any gas after this if heading south on CO092. The town is surrounded by big mountains and national forests.
Located in Delta County, Crawford resides at 6,800 feet in elevation. It had a recorded population of 431 in 2010. Crawford’s peculiar nickname is “Crawford Country USA”.
Crawford State Park – Large, scenic park offers recreation galore. It’s centered around an alpine lake, open to boating, fishing and swimming.
Black Canyon of the Gunnison (North Rim) – Only a twenty minute drive from town will lead you to unmatched views and landscapes. Take a drive high above the canyon, and camp, rock climb, or hike.
- Crawford State Park has 45 campsites around Crawford Reservoir, some with electric hookup.
- North Rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison is a short drive from town. There are 13 campsites in a Pinyon Juniper Forest, open spring to fall.
- Read about the camping near Paonia, Hotchkiss and Crawford.
- Crawford Reservoir offers fishing year round, with ice fishing in the winter.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison has a number of hiking trails.
Jun – Crawford Pioneer Days Celebration – A special celebration in June to look back to Crawford’s western heritage. They hold a massive parade with different entertainment.
Activities near Crawford
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park (9mi)
- Black Canyon of Gunnison Wilderness
- Curecanti National Rec Area
- Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area (17mi)
- Gunnison National Forest