Crawford has a small downtown section, with a few restaurants, shops and a post office. There’s not any gas after this if heading south on 92. The town is surrounded by big mountains and national forests.
Crawford State Park – Large, scenic park offers recreation galore. It’s centered around an alpine lake, open to boating, fishing and swimming.
Black Canyon of the Gunnison (North Rim) – Only a twenty minute drive from town will lead you to unmatched views and landscapes. Take a drive high above the canyon, and camp, rock climb, or hike.
- Crawford State Park has 45 campsites around Crawford Reservoir, some with electric hookup.
- North Rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison is a short drive from town. There are 13 campsites in a Pinyon Juniper Forest, open spring to fall.
- Crawford Reservoir offers fishing year round, with ice fishing in the winter.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison has a number of hiking trails.
Jun – Crawford Pioneer Days Celebration – A special celebration in June to look back to Crawford’s western heritage. They hold a massive parade with different entertainment.
Things To Do near Crawford, CO
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park (9mi)
- Black Canyon of Gunnison Wilderness
- Curecanti National Rec Area
- Gunnison National Forest
Hiking into the Black Canyon of the Gunnison: The Gunnison Route – For the intrepid adventurer, a weekend trip to The Black Canyon of the Gunnison offers some of the most enjoyable scrambling in the state. One of the lesser known National Parks…
10 Surprising Facts About Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park – If you haven’t yet experienced the wonder, awe, and slight dread of visiting Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, it’s time to plan your trip. Black Canyon is that rare combination of abundant…