Cedaredge is a quaint town with a couple of blocks of shops and restaurants. It’s located on the Western Slope, in the southern valley below Grand Mesa.
Though a small town, Cedaredge has a vital influence in agriculture during the pioneering age of Colorado. Sitting at an elevated vantage point (overlooking the Gunnison National Park, the Black Canyon, and the San Juan Mountains), the local produce, including fruits, vineyards, cattle, and more, were in demand.
The town was formalized under the Act of March 25, 1907. Eventually, settlers began to arrive, building a community of their own. But because of the natural land, it was imperative that the top driving economy of Cedaredge would be farming. Majority of the early Cedaredge natives were ranchers.
Nowadays, Cedaredge continue to be an agricultural beacon in Colorado. This has also been a popular destination for fishing, skiing, and other recreational activities (especially during summmer and spring).
Grand Mesa – Cedaredge lies at the southern entry point to Grand Mesa. A scenic byway connects with Mesa, to the north. It’s the biggest flattop mountain in the world, so journey over it if you get a chance.
Pioneer Town Museum – Go back in time to the beginnings of Cedaredge. From the townhall church to the sheds and boutique shops that sell amazing crafts, this Museum is a go-to history park for learning about Colorado history.
- Grand Mesa National Forest to the north on CO-65 has both primitive camping and campgrounds.
- Aspen Trails Campground is only three miles north on CO-65 on the way up the Grand Mesa.
- Cedaredge Creekside Cafe – Cozy ambiance, especially during at night. It would be great to book a table at their patio. The restaurant features Italian classics and an all-day menu.
- Hong Place – Chinese at its finest. If you’re looking for some good old Chinese while in town, check out the Hong Place. The Lunch Specials are a must-try and their menu is reasonably priced. Try out the Mongolian Beef, their superb Szechuan Pork or the Thai Options.
- J & S Bakeria – Old Country vibe with amazing American staples. Treat yourself with tasty pizza and other baked goods. Top your visit off with a unique, locally-made sorbet.
- Lost Mesa Grill – Another old pioneer era vibe that’s great for families. Locals and tourists drop by here to enjoy their burgers, tacos, and their must-have chicken wings!
- Island Lake is located in the Grand Mesa N.F. Take CO-65 north for 16 miles.
- Sweitzer Lake is close by in Delta.
- Miles and miles of trails can be found in the Grand Mesa National Forest.
Top 4 Cool Hotels in Cedaredge – Explore the “Town of All Seasons!” The quaint town of Cedaredge is perfect for exploring each season because of its unique geography and altitude. This charming Grand Mesa town welcomes tourists year round with a range…
Things To Do near Cedaredge, CO
- Sweitzer Lake (15mi)
- Collbran (51mi)
- Crawford (38mi)
- Delta ( 15mi)
- Grand Junction (53mi)
- Hotchkiss (27mi)
- Mesa (38mi)
- Montrose (35mi)
- Orchard City (5mi)
- Paonia (36mi)