Mesa County is the fourth-largest county by area in Colorado, recording a 2010 population of 146,723. Grand Junction, the county seat, is Colorado’s 15th most populous city. Grand Junction serves as a major hub of commerce and transport, and most recently, a popular mountain biking destination, thanks to the Tabeguache and Kokopelli trails.
The county is aptly named for the plentiful, massive mesas in the area, including Grand Mesa, which covers approximately 500 square miles in Western Colorado, qualifying it as the largest flat top mountain in the world. Mesa County is also home to Colorado National Monument.
Visit the Mesa County Government website.
- De Beque
- Glade Park
- Grand Junction
- Orchard Mesa
- Plateau City
- May – Fruita Fat Tire Festival
- Jun – Unknown Motorcycle Show in Palisade
- Jun – Country Jam in Grand Junction
- Jun – Palisade Bluegrass & Roots Festival
- Aug – Palisade Peach Festival
- Sep – Colorado Mountain Winefest in Palisade
Latest in Mesa County
Known for its dinosaur remnants and Mike the Headless Chicken, Fruita is an interesting Western Colorado…