As its name implies, Summit County is full of big mountains, including the Ten Mile Range, which encompasses Breckenridge. Nearly 30,000 residents were recorded in the 2010 US Census and even more visit year round.
The county was one of the original seventeen Colorado counties as determined by the First Territorial Legislature on November 1, 1861. It’s centered around Lake Dillon, which gets use a lot in the summer season. Summit County is home to four world class ski resorts: A Basin, Breck, Keystone and Copper Mountain.
Visit the Summit County Government website.
- Jan – Big Beers, Belgians & Barleywines in Breckenridge
- Jan – Ullr Fest in Breckenridge
- Feb – Colorado Pond Hockey Tournament in Silverthorne
- Jun – Keystone Bacon & Bourbon Festival
- Jul – Breckenridge July Art Festival
- Jul – Breckenridge Summer Beer Fest
- Jul – Silverthorne Fine Art Festival
- Jul – Keystone Wine & Jazz Festival
- Aug – Breckenridge Main Street Art Festival
- Aug – Keystone Bluegrass & Beer Festival
- Aug – Mountain Town Music Festival in Keystone
- Aug – Keystone Oktoberfest
- Sep – Breckenridge Gathering at the Great Divide Art Festival
- Sep – Breck Film Fest
- Oct – Wine In The Pines in Keystone
- Oct – Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival
Latest in Summit County
Immersed in pure Colorado Rocky Mountain splendor, the name “Keystone” is not only synonymous with excellent…