Frisco and the surrounding area is loaded with things to see and do. The town is nicknamed “Main Street to the Rockies”, probably due to its picturesque downtown and ideal spot in the mountains. It’s located beside I-70 in popular Summit County.
During both summer and winter Frisco is bustling with people enjoying easy access to top notch recreation. There are six major ski areas within a thirty minute drive of Frisco: Arapahoe Basin, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Keystone, Loveland, and Vail.
Dillon Reservoir – In the Summer, Frisco is most known for its marina. The massive Dillon Reservoir borders both Frisco and Dillon, and each town has their respective marina.
- At the Frisco Marina you can rent boats, kayaks, canoes, and other equipment for fun in the water. There’s nothing quite like a summer day on the lake!
Main Street of the Rockies – Downtown Frisco is lined with colorful shops and restaurants, making it the perfect place to stroll after a summer day on the lake or winter day on the slopes.
Water Sports – If the Dillon Reservoir is too calm for you, then there is plenty of whitewater to be found nearby. Rafting trips depart daily from about May through September, depending on location. The neighboring town of Silverthorne departs on the Blue River, Idaho Springs on Clear Creek and Vail on Eagle River.
- The best campgrounds all located around the lake. Take Swan Lake Rd, which passes by several of them.
- Read about the camping near Frisco and Summit County.
- Shore and boat fishing in Dillon Reservoir. The Blue River also runs north of town into the Green Mountain Reservoir on US 9.
Hotels and lodging:
- Read about the best hotels in Frisco.
Activities near Frisco
- Arapaho National Forest
- Blue River
- Clinton Gulch Dam Reservoir (13mi)
- Eagles Nest Wilderness
- Dillon Reservoir
- Green Mountain Reservoir (28mi)
- White River National Forest
- Indian Hot Springs (39mi)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area (17mi)
- Beaver Creek Ski Resort (38mi)
- Breckenridge Ski Resort (11mi)
- Copper Mountain Ski Resort (8mi)
- Keystone Ski Resort (11mi)
- Loveland Ski Area (15mi)
- Vail Ski Resort (27mi)
- Avon (35mi)
- Breckenridge (10mi)
- Copper Mountain (7mi)
- Dillon (6mi)
- Georgetown (27mi)
- Idaho Springs (39mi)
- Keystone (12mi)
- Silver Plume (24mi)
- Silverthorne (5mi)
- Vail (26mi)
Latest in Frisco
Summit County is probably the most popular weekend destination for the millions living on the plains…
Whether you’re shredding the local ski slopes, hiking the region’s highest peaks, or even just strolling…