Copper Mountain, CO, much like other towns in Summit County, is widely known for skiing. There are three main base villages in Copper. Each is filled with a range of shopping, dining, lodging and activities. The town resides at 9,695 feet, on the western side of Summit County.
During the summer, Copper Mountain hosts many festivals and events. The town boasts Summit County’s only go-kart track, in addition to mini golf, mountain biking, zip line, disc golf, a climbing wall and a bungee jump.
West Lake features bumper boats and paddle boats all summer. Copper Creek Golf Course opens in mid June, and has stunning views of the Ten Mile Range.
In winter there’s an outdoor ice skate rink and a tubing hill. Year round you can perfect your ski craft at Woodward, an indoor practice facility for skiing and boarding, is open year round. It’s filled with jumps into foams pits and other features that provide a safe environment to up your game.
Copper Mountain Ski Resort – Terrain at Copper ranges from beginner and novice to black diamond and bowl skiing for advanced riders. It’s naturally divided well amongst trails of similar difficulty, so you seldom make a wrong turn or can’t find a suitable way down.
Read about the top things to do in Copper Mountain.
- Go hiking or biking around the ski resort. It turns into the Copper Mountain Bike Park during the summer. Or just stroll around the mountain village.
- Lake Dillon, less than 10 miles from town, has multiple campgrounds around the lake.
- Read about the camping near Copper Mountain and Summit County.
- Blue River runs from Breckenridge to Green Mountain Reservoir, north of Silverthorne. It has tremendous trout fishing.
- Lake Dillion has both boat and shore fishing.
Read about the top events in Copper Mountain.
Hotels and lodging:
- Read about the best hotels in Copper Mountain.
Activities near Copper Mountain
- Clinton Gulch Dam Reservoir (7mi)
- Eagles Nest Wilderness Area
- Lake Dillon (9mi)
- San Isabel National Forest
- White River National Forest
- Copper Mountain West Lake Ice Rink
- Keystone Dercum Square Ice Rink (18mi)
- Keystone Lake Ice Rink (17mi)
- Vail Square Ice Rink (22mi)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area (24mi)
- Breckenridge Ski Resort (20mi)
- Copper Mountain Ski Resort
- Keystone Ski Resort (18mi)
- Loveland Ski Area (22mi)
- Ski Cooper (31mi)
- Vail Ski Resort (20mi)
- Roger’s Snowbike Rentals (18mi)
- Avon (30mi)
- Breckenridge (19mi)
- Dillon (13mi)
- Frisco (7mi)
- Georgetown (34mi)
- Keystone (19mi)
- Leadville (24mi)
- Silverthorne (11mi)
- Vail (20mi)