San Miguel County, named for the river of the same name, recorded a population of 7,359 in 2010. The isolated, former silver mining town of Telluride acts as county seat.
Telluride rests in a narrow and very deep box canyon with forested mountains and cliffs encircling the historic downtown. A gondola transports guests from the downtown area to its companion town, Mountain Village, at the base of Telluride’s ski area.
The town population was recorded at 2,325 in the 2010 census. Telluride is a constant mecca for festivals and enthusiastic attendees. Telluride Film Festival, Mountain Film Festival, Telluride Bluegrass Festival, and the Telluride Wine Festival are big draws.
Visit the San Miguel County Government website.
- May – Mountain Film In Telluride
- Jun – Telluride Balloon Festival
- Jun – Telluride Bluegrass Festival
- Jun-Jul – Telluride Wine Festival
- Jul – The RIDE Festival in Telluride
- Aug – Telluride Jazz Festival
- Aug – Telluride Mushroom Festival
- Sep – Telluride Film Festival
- Sep – Telluride Blues & Brews Festival