Boulder County claimed a population of 294,567 in the 2010 census. Both the county seat and most populous town are Boulder.
Named for Boulder City and Boulder Creek (due to the plentiful boulders found therein, of course), Boulder County was one of the original 17 counties created by the Territory of Colorado on November 1, 1861.
National protected areas include Arapaho National Forest, Roosevelt National Forest, Indian Peaks Wilderness, and James Peak Wilderness. Rocky Mountain National Park is found in Boulder County, northwest of the city of Boulder.
Visit the Boulder County Government website.
- Eldorado Springs
- Erie (part, extends to Weld Co)
- Longmont (party, extends to Weld Co)
- Superior (part, extends to Jefferson Co)
- Jan – Lafayette Oatmeal Festival
- Mar – Frozen Dead Guy Days in Nederland
- Jun – Burning Can Festival in Lyons
- Jun – High Peaks Art Festival in Nederland
- Jun-Aug – Colorado Shakespeare Festival in Boulder
- Jul – RockyGrass Festival in Lyons
- Jul – JUL-IPA in Boulder
- Aug – Boulder International Fringe Festival
- Aug – Rocky Mountain Folks Festival in Lyons
- Aug – Nedfest in Nederland
- Aug – Lafayette Peach Festival
- Sep – Lafayette Brew Fest
- Oct – Handmade In Colorado Expo in Boulder
Latest in Boulder County
With its pristine alpine surroundings and close proximity to cities located along the Front Range, Nederland…
Colorado is known for many things, skiing, epic mountains, plentiful days of sunshine, and its beer…
Boulder is one of Colorado’s most iconic towns, located amongst the foothills of the northern front…