Boulder County claimed a population of 294,567 in the 2010 census. Both the county seat and most populous town are Boulder.
Named for Boulder City and Boulder Creek (due to the plentiful boulders found therein, of course), Boulder County was one of the original 17 counties created by the Territory of Colorado on November 1, 1861.
National protected areas include Arapaho National Forest, Roosevelt National Forest, Indian Peaks Wilderness, and James Peak Wilderness. Rocky Mountain National Park is found in Boulder County, northwest of the city of Boulder.
Visit the Boulder County Government website.
- Eldorado Springs
- Erie (part, extends to Weld Co)
- Longmont (party, extends to Weld Co)
- Superior (part, extends to Jefferson Co)
- Jan – Lafayette Oatmeal Festival
- Mar – Frozen Dead Guy Days in Nederland
- Jun – Burning Can Festival in Lyons
- Jun – High Peaks Art Festival in Nederland
- Jun-Aug – Colorado Shakespeare Festival in Boulder
- Jul – RockyGrass Festival in Lyons
- Jul – JUL-IPA in Boulder
- Aug – Boulder International Fringe Festival
- Aug – Rocky Mountain Folks Festival in Lyons
- Aug – Nedfest in Nederland
- Aug – Lafayette Peach Festival
- Sep – Lafayette Brew Fest
- Oct – Handmade In Colorado Expo in Boulder
Trending in Boulder County
The Roosevelt National Forest is loaded with camping around Allenspark, CO, just west of Lyons. Everything…
Boulder is one of Colorado’s most iconic towns, located amongst the foothills of the northern front…
Adventurous lifestyle has a close association with Boulder, Colorado. It’s surrounded by 120 miles long of…
Colorado is known for many things, skiing, epic mountains, plentiful days of sunshine, and its beer…
While Boulder has certainly earned its reputation as an outdoor mecca for adventure seekers, it has…
Snowshoeing is a great way to explore the Colorado outdoors each winter. You’ll really connect with…
Boulder, Colorado provides great outdoor recreational opportunities, year round. During the winter, one of the most…
Oftentimes when people think of Colorado, the Rocky Mountains and magnificent ski resorts come to mind.…
Experience a mesmerizing journey into outer space all year long at two of Colorado’s top planetariums.…
Colorado’s rich winemaking history dates back to 1899 when Governor George Crawford planted 60 acres of…
[Main Library, Boulder Public Library. Photo: Butal Lee] Whether you live or are just visiting Boulder,…