Boulder County claimed a population of 294,567 in the 2010 census. Both the county seat and most populous town are Boulder.
Named for Boulder City and Boulder Creek (due to the plentiful boulders found therein, of course), Boulder County was one of the original 17 counties created by the Territory of Colorado on November 1, 1861.
National protected areas include Arapaho National Forest, Roosevelt National Forest, Indian Peaks Wilderness, and James Peak Wilderness. Rocky Mountain National Park is found in Boulder County, northwest of the city of Boulder.
Visit the Boulder County Government website.
- Eldorado Springs
- Erie (part, extends to Weld Co)
- Longmont (party, extends to Weld Co)
- Superior (part, extends to Jefferson Co)
- Jan – Lafayette Oatmeal Festival
- Mar – Frozen Dead Guy Days in Nederland
- Jun – Burning Can Festival in Lyons
- Jun – High Peaks Art Festival in Nederland
- Jun-Aug – Colorado Shakespeare Festival in Boulder
- Jul – RockyGrass Festival in Lyons
- Jul – JUL-IPA in Boulder
- Aug – Boulder International Fringe Festival
- Aug – Rocky Mountain Folks Festival in Lyons
- Aug – Nedfest in Nederland
- Aug – Lafayette Peach Festival
- Sep – Lafayette Brew Fest
- Oct – Handmade In Colorado Expo in Boulder
Trending in Boulder County
Snowshoeing is a great way to explore the Colorado outdoors each winter. You’ll really connect with…
Boulder, Colorado provides great outdoor recreational opportunities, year round. During the winter, one of the most…
[Golden, Colorado bridge where Adolph Coors III’s missing car was found.] Oftentimes when people think of…
Experience a mesmerizing journey into outer space all year long at two of Colorado’s top planetariums.…
Colorado’s rich winemaking history dates back to 1899 when Governor George Crawford planted 60 acres of…
[Main Library, Boulder Public Library. Photo: Butal Lee] Whether you live or are just visiting Boulder,…
Situated only a few miles south of Nederland, West Magnolia offers twenty-two free campsites surrounded by…
[Boulder Canyon Trail. Photo: bouldercountry.org] Colorado is home to the grandeur, picturesque sights of the Rocky…
[Aerial view of Boulder from Flagstaff Mountain. Photo: Rob Lee] Adventurous lifestyle has a close association…
[Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse on Pearl Street.] When people think about reconnecting with the outdoors, they think…
[Sundance Lodge in Nederland, CO.] Discover the native wildlife and alpine landscapes of Nederland, Colorado! This…