Like Broomfield, Colorado, Denver has a consolidated city and county government. The city of Denver, the 22nd-most populous U.S. city, serves as the state’s capital. Denver City was a mining town founded in 1858 during the heady days of the Pike’s Peak Gold Rush.
Denver’s estimated population in 2013 was 649,495. It’s the most populous municipality in Colorado and the second-most populous county in Colorado.
The Trust for Public Land reported in 2013 that Denver had the 17th best park system among the top 50 most highly populated U.S. cities. A 2011 study designated Denver to be the 16th most walkable of the 50 largest U.S. cities.
Visit the Denver County Government website.
- Jan – National Western Stock Show in Denver
- Jan – Winter Brew Fest in Denver
- Feb/Mar – Denver Restaurant Week
- Mar – Denver Mardi Gras
- May – Cinco de Mayo Festival Denver
- May – TheBigWonderful in Denver
- May – Denver Arts Festival
- May – Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown in Denver
- Jul – Summer Brew Fest in Denver
- Jul – Cheesman Park Art Fest in Denver
- Sep – A Taste Of Colorado in Denver
- Sep – Handmade In Colorado Expo in Denver
- Dec – New Year’s Eve Fireworks
Latest in Denver County
Meat-free eaters can rejoice with several options for vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Denver. Whether you’re…
Nightlife in Colorado’s capital city is vibrant and varied. Providing its patrons with plenty to do,…