Wetmore is a tiny, unincorporated community situated 30 miles west of Pueblo. It lies at the edge of the Wet Mountains on the Frontier Pathways National Scenic Byway in Custer County.
There is a general store, post office and restaurant in town. The elevation is 6,086 feet.
Frontier Pathways – This national scenic byway starts out going west from Pueblo on Highway 96, through Wetmore, and up into the Wet Mountains by Silver Cliff and Westcliffe. You can also detour off Highway 95 on Highway 165 southeast past Rye to Colorado City back on I-25.
Activities near Wetmore
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park (38mi)
- Royal Gorge Zipline (27mi)
- Dakota Hot Springs (17mi)
- Desert Reef Hot Springs (15mi)
- Bishop’s Castle (22mi)
- Royal Gorge Route Railroad (20mi)
- Arkansas Headwaters State Park (21mi)
- Lake Pueblo State Park (22mi)
State Wildlife Areas:
- Beaver Creek SWA (29mi)
- Cañon City (21mi)
- Colorado City (43mi)
- Florence (11mi)
- Penrose (17mi)
- Pueblo (30mi)
- Rye (38mi)
- Silver Cliff (25mi)
- Westcliffe (26mi)
- Arkansas River Rafting (21mi)