Arkansas River is among the most rafted rivers in the country. And for good reason! Trips depart daily at various sections of the river, between Leadville and Canon City. All levels will find suitable rides, from a gentle family float, to Class IV and V whitewater.
Most can be either a half or full day. Learn about the four sections of Arkansas to raft.
- The Numbers – Class III to V whitewater beginning at 9,000 feet with views of the Continental Divide near Buena Vista.
- Browns Canyon – An exciting, family-friendly whitewater near Buena Vista. The river passes by the 14,000 foot Collegiate Peaks.
- Bighorn Sheep Canyon – A mix of mild to moderate whitewater, located between Salida and Canon City.
- Royal Gorge Region – Offers some of the most continuous whitewater in Colorado, with some Class IV to V. It’s all capped off riding underneath the world’s highest suspension bridge.
- Many trips can be combined into a 1/2 day rafting with zipping, riding a train, or ATVing. Echo Canyon River Expeditions even offers a mule ride and bridge visit package.
- American Adventure Expeditions
- Arkansas Valley Adventures
- Clear Creek Rafting Company
- Echo Canyon River Expeditions
- Lost Paddle Rafting
- Mile-Hi Rafting
- Raft Masters
- River Runners
- Royal Gorge Rafting
- Whitewater Adventure Outfitters
- Wilderness Aware Rafting
Watch our video on rafting Browns Canyon.
Class: I-V (depend on section)