Tucked between Avon and Vail on Interstate 70, EagleVail is neither the town of Eagle nor the town of Vail. It’s its own unincorporated community with a population of around 4,000.
There’s no official downtown, but plenty of commercial businesses to support the busy population and travelers on I-70 and over 15 acres of open space to explore. Situated in the middle of the Eagle River Valley at an elevation of 7,602′ within Eagle County, this community is a mix of vacation goers and full-time residents.
The town is managed by both the EagleVail Metro District (EVMD) and EagleVail Property Owners Association (EVPOA).
EagleVail Golf Club – One of the top golf courses in the Vail Valley. From all 18 holes, you’ll have gorgeous views of the Gore Range. Grab a bite to eat and cold beer at the on-site Whiskey Hill Grill.
EagleVail Community Pool – This large lap pool functions as a community hub in the warmer months. Hosting the local swim team, open kayak nights, family movie nights, and other events make this more than just a community pool within EagleVail. Non-residents are welcome to take a dip when they’re in town for a small fee.
- Wolcott BLM Campground is probably the closest camping spot near town and has great accessibility to outdoor recreation. It’s a small, peaceful area with only 6 primitive camping spots.
- Gore Creek campground is a popular spot for camping near Vail, and has 25 primitive back-in spots among a grove of aspens. The grounds include vault toilets and bear lockers for food storage.
- Read about the camping near Vail, Avon and Eagle.
Fishing – Eagle River passes through town and is known for excellent fly fishing for both rainbow and brown trout.
Golfing – EagleVail Golf Club is an 18-hole course filled with unique fairways, gorgeous alpine views, and even has a restaurant to refuel at.
- The EagleVail trail starts right in town and winds for a little over 5 miles out and back on the side of a peaceful mountain. It is great for families and experienced hikers alike and has many opportunities to spot wildlife.
- Eagle Valley trail is a paved, riverside trail that connects 9 surrounding communities. The trail is ideal for walking dogs, rollerblading, biking, or just taking a stroll.
Pho Bay – This local staple has flavorful pho, strong Vietnamese coffee, and a very friendly atmosphere. It’s the perfect spot to cozy up after a day on the slopes.
Route 6 Cafe – Offering all three meals daily, draft beers, and a menu full of comfort foods such as fish and chips, burgers, and sandwiches.
Sauce on the Creek – Large portions of homemade Italian food served up with a wide selection of wine and spirits.
Activities near EagleVail
- Vail Valley Escape Room (2mi)
- Avon (2mi)
- Beaver Creek (4mi)
- Dotsero (36mi)
- Eagle (24mi)
- Edwards (7mi)
- Glenwood Springs (54mi)
- Gypsum (31mi)
- Minturn (5mi)
- Red Cliff (13mi)
- Rifle (81mi)
- Vail (8mi)
- Wolcott (13mi)