Edwards is located off I-70 near Beaver Creek and Vail. It has a modern downtown area built next to the Eagle River, known as Riverwalk, with many shops, restaurants, and businesses. The motto for Riverwalk is “Live, Work, Play”, meaning residents can easily do all three there.
In 2010 Edwards boasted a population of 9,347 people. The town sits at an elevation of 7,221 feet in Eagle County. You will easily find outdoor recreation in the area whether it be skiing, hiking, fishing, or mountain biking.
Freedom Park – A beautiful community hub in town with plenty of space to spread out and enjoy a nice day. There is a skate park, playgrounds, walking trails, and a small pond.
Riverwalk at Edwards – Relatively new addition to the town, this district is bursting with businesses and activities. Enjoy a cup of craft coffee, catch a movie at the theater, or simply throw a blanket down in the “backyard” to get some sunshine.
- Nearby Sylvan Lake offers around fifty campsites. The White River National Forest land near Sylvan Lake also has a couple of campgrounds. You can find dispersed camping within some of the service roads in the national forest.
- Read about the camping near Vail, Edwards and Eagle.
- Eagle River runs past town providing excellent trout fishing throughout most of the year.
- Harry Nottingham Park is in nearby Avon and has fishing for brown and rainbow trout with a valid fishing license.
- Berry Creek trailhead is a 2.5-mile moderate loop with pretty views of the surrounding peaks. It is also popular with mountain bikers.
- West and East Lake trailheads are part of a longer loop that winds through the mountains and valleys. The trail runs along a river and has nice wildflowers in the warmer months.
- Squaw Creek trail totals just over 11 miles out-and-back. It follows a creek for most of the way and has gorgeous open meadows for parts of the hike.
This section contains referral links. If you click through and take action, we may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you.
The Inn at Riverwalk – Escape the ski town crowds and cozy up in this modern inn. They offer free breakfast and there are many restaurants and shops within walking distance.
Read about the best hotels in Edwards.
While there are plenty of rentals within Edwards but if you’re looking for a hotel, nearby Avon or Vail would have more options.
Craftsman – Enjoy a large selection of craft beer on tap, freshly made sandwiches, and friendly service at this modern eatery.
Drunken Goat – This trendy spot has large portions of unique dishes. A great place for charcuterie lovers.
Zino – A classy Italian restaurant with homemade pasta dishes and an outdoor bocce ball court.
Jun-Oct – Edwards Corner Farmers Market – Each Saturday morning, downtown Edwards comes alive with local produce and craft vendors.
Jul-Aug – Band by the River – Head to the Riverwalk and enjoy free live music performances each Friday evening. The event opens at 5 and the bands start at 6. There will be food and drink vendors available for guests.
Oct – Pumpkinfest – One-stop-shop for everything Halloween. Bring the kiddos out for pumpkin painting, a bounce castle, trick-or-treating, and lots of fun yard games.
Activities near Edwards
- Vail Valley Escape Room (4mi)
- Glenwood Hot Springs Pool (48mi)
- Radium Warm Springs (40mi)
- Yampah Vapor Caves (48mi)
- Beaver Creek Ski Resort (5mi)
- Vail Ski Resort (14mi)
- Sylvan Lake State Park (21mi)
- Avon (4mi)
- Beaver Creek (6mi)
- Copper Mountain (33mi)
- Dotsero (29mi)
- Eagle (17mi)
- Eagle-Vail (6mi)
- Glenwood Springs (48mi)
- Gypsum (23mi)
- Minturn (10mi)
- Red Cliff (19mi)
- Rifle (74mi)
- Vail (14mi)
- Wolcott (7mi)
- Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) (22mi)
- Eco Transit
- Epic Mountain Express (to Denver Airport)
Latest in Edwards
Camping near Vail, Avon, Beaver Creek, and Eagle
Vail is one of Colorado’s most well known towns, situated along Interstate 70 in the beautiful…
2 Best Hotels in Edwards, Colorado
Located in Colorado’s Eagle County near Avon and Beaver Creek, Edwards is a quiet community nestled…