Edwards’ modern downtown area is built next to the Eagle River. Known as Riverwalk, it’s comprised of many shops, restaurants and businesses. The motto for Riverwalk is “Live, Work, Play”, meaning residents can do all three there.
In 2010 Edwards boasted a population of 10,266 people, growing from 8,257 in 2000. The town sits at an elevation of 7,221 feet in Eagle County. It’s Avon’s neighbor to the west, less than 5 miles via Interstate 70.
- Nearby Sylvan Lake offers around fifty campsites. The White River National Forest land near Sylvan Lake also has a couple of campgrounds. You can find dispersed camping within some of the forest service roads in the national forest.
- Read about the camping near Vail, Edwards and Eagle.
- Eagle River runs past town providing great trout fishing throughout most of the year.
Hotels and lodging:
- Read about the best hotels in Edwards.
Activities near Edwards
- Vail Valley Escape Room (4mi)
- Sylvan Lake State Park (21mi)
- Avon (4mi)
- Beaver Creek (6mi)
- Copper Mountain (33mi)
- Dotsero (29mi)
- Eagle (17mi)
- Eagle-Vail (6mi)
- Glenwood Springs (48mi)
- Gypsum (23mi)
- Minturn (10mi)
- Red Cliff (19mi)
- Rifle (74mi)
- Vail (14mi)
- Wolcott (7mi)