Hot Sulphur Springs is a tiny town situated between Granby and Kremmling. As it’s name implies, it’s a hot springs town. There are a few restaurants and lodging in town, mostly catering to the year round visitors of the hot springs.
Hot Springs – Hot Sulphur Springs is popular year round for those looking to reap the benefits of a trip to the springs.
- Dispersed car camping can be found to the south in Arapaho National Forest. Take Co Rd 55 about 4.5 miles out of town to Co Rd 555. Campsites are all on that road.
- Another primitive camping option close to Williams Fork Res, is on Co Rd 340. Follow the fishing directions but instead of taking Co Rd 341 west to the lake, take 340 southeast to the national forest. Pull-offs for various campsites on the road within minutes.
- Colorado River runs through town, offering gold medal trout fishing nearby.
- Williams Fork Reservoir is only eight miles southwest of town. Take US 40 west 4.6 miles to Co Rd 3. Follow that to Co Rd 341 and the lake.
Hot Sulphur Springs Resort – Offers a few different lodging options: a basic room with shower, TV; an 1840’s cabin which overlooks the resort; and in the apartment which allows overnight access to the hot springs.
Slideshow: 8 images
- Winter Park Alpine Slide (31mi)
- Winter Park Village (31mi)
- Arapaho National Forest
- Arapaho National Rec Area (16mi)
- Rocky Mountain National Park (26mi)
- Williams Fork Reservoir (8mi)