Hot Sulphur Springs, CO is a tiny town situated between Granby and Kremmling. As its name implies, it’s a hot springs town. There are a few restaurants and accommodations in town, mostly catering to the year-round visitors of the hot springs.
The town was established around 1860 and incorporated on April 1, 1903. Hot Sulphur Springs is the county seat of Grand County. It resides at an elevation of 7,680 feet near the Colorado River, and in 2020 there was a population of 687 residents.
Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa – Popular, year-round hot springs resort for those looking to reap the benefits of the warm mineral water. They offer a few different lodging options: a basic room with shower and TV, an 1840’s cabin which overlooks the resort, or an apartment. All options allow overnight access to the hot springs.
- Dispersed car camping can be found to the south in Arapaho National Forest. Take Co Rd 55 about 4.5 miles out of town to Co Rd 555. Campsites are all on that road.
- Another primitive camping option is close to Williams Fork Reservoir on Co Rd 340. Follow the fishing directions below, but instead of taking Co Rd 341 west to the lake, take 340 southeast to the national forest. Pull-offs for various campsites are on the road within minutes.
- Read about the camping near Kremmling, Parshall and Hot Sulphur Springs.
- Colorado River runs through town, offering gold medal trout fishing nearby.
- Williams Fork Reservoir is only eight miles southwest of town. Take US 40 west 4.6 miles to Co Rd 3. Follow that to Co Rd 341 and the lake.
Hiking – Pioneer Park is the closest place for hiking, and has options that are very family friendly. There is a one-mile loop that will take you around the park and a disc golf course as well.
Canyon Motel – Simple spot to rest your head after a day of soaking in the hot springs. The rooms are comfortably furnished, and some even have kitchenettes.
Ute Trail Motel – You’ll find a mix of 1950s and Southwestern decor at this single-story motel. A very affordable option that even includes free wifi.
The Dean Public House – Great spot to stop and refuel after a day of adventures. They have local beer, unique BBQ such as elk brisket, and homemade sides.
Dari Delite – Seasonal ice cream and food stand with outdoor seating and great prices.
Jun – Hot Sulphur Days – 3 full days of celebrating the community. Events include a kid’s carnival, pancake breakfast at the firehouse, a parade, firework show, and live music.
Activities near Hot Sulphur Springs
- Winter Park Alpine Slide (31mi)
- Arapaho National Forest
- Arapaho National Rec Area (16mi)
- Rocky Mountain National Park (26mi)
- Williams Fork Reservoir (8mi)
- Winter Park Village Ice Rink (31mi)
State Wildlife Areas:
- Hot Sulphur SWA (2mi)
- Fraser (25mi)
- Granby (10mi)
- Grand Lake (24mi)
- Kremmling (17mi)
- Parshall (5mi)
- Tabernash (21mi)
- Winter Park (30mi)