Situated in a beautiful alpine valley, Fraser is a good choice for relaxation year round. The town usually gets lumped together as Winter Park/Fraser, as it’s only minutes from the its neighbor. There are a few blocks of businesses spread out along Highway 40.
- There are two national forest access roads in Fraser, County Road 72 and 73, near the Alco and across the street from Safeway. Co Rd 72 takes you to Elk Creek and Co Rd takes you to St Louis Creek. Once you get back in the Arapaho National Rec Area numerous side mountain roads connect the two, all open to biking.
- Trestle Bike Park is located at Winter Park Resort. Rentals are offered for this downhill mountain course. Granby Ranch also a bike park.
- There are two national forest campgrounds, St Louis Creek and Byers Creek, both close to town on County Road 73.
- Dispersed camping can be found on County Road 72/Elk Creek Road within a few minutes of downtown.
- Another option for free dispersed camping is just north of town on Co Rd 50. Take a left on Co Rd 5 then a quick left on CR 50. Follow for a few miles to national forest.
- There are a couple local ponds in Fraser, but the best fishing exists up north between Granby and Grand Lake.
- There are a lots of trails in the national forest, just look for access points.
- Winter Park Alpine Slide (6mi)
- Hot Sulphur Springs (25mi)
- Winter Park Village (6mi)
- Arapaho National Forest
- Arapaho National Rec Area
- Rocky Mountain National Park (33mi)
- Saint Louis Creek