Black Hawk is a former mining town, turned casino town, situated 20 west of Golden. With all the towering casinos, it’s tough to believe that only around a hundred residents live in town full time.
Casinos – Most visitors flock to the casinos which are open 24/7. Slots, table games, poker and more classic gambling can be found. Popular casinos include the Ameristar, Isle of Capri, the Lodge, Mardi Gras, and the Riviera.
- Nearby Golden Gate Canyon State Park has over 100 campsites, suitable for tents and RVs.
- Clear Creek runs along Highway 6 just outside town and has great trout fishing.
- Golden Gate Canyon also has several ponds for fishing.
- Black Hawk is located on a hill so walking around town is a great way to see the sights and get some exercise.
- Otherwise Golden Gate Canyon is loaded with hiking trails.
Things to do near Black Hawk
- Golden Alpine Slide (21mi)
- Indian Hot Springs (12mi)
- Golden Gate Canyon (9mi)
- Central City Opera (1mi)