Aspen’s ski town neighbor, Snowmass Village hosts the largest collection of ski-in/ski-out residences of anywhere in Colorado. It’s situated just ten minutes from downtown Aspen, and home to Snowmass Mountain, one of the “Power of Four” ski areas.
Recreation is outside your door is the mostly resort type village. The main town is Snowmass Village Mall, which is located up the side of the ski area from the base. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to visit. After its peak winter season, it quiets down a lot, and most folks head into Aspen for entertainment and supplies.
Snowmass Resort – It’s the biggest of the four Aspen resort mountains, and offers the most variety. It features everything from steep bowls and narrow tree skiing, to open cruisers and bunny slopes. There’s also snow tubing, available all winter. In the summer it turns into Snowmass Bike Park.
Lost Forest Adventure Park – This summer adventure park showcases a myriad of alpine activities from disc golf to an aerial park. Different ages and abilities will find a suitable attraction. Part of Lost Forest, the Breathtaker Alpine Coaster is open in the winter as well, in addition to the Lost Forest season from late June through September.
Camping: Read about camping near Aspen, Snowmass Village, and Basalt.
Hotels and lodging:
- Read about the best hotels in Snowmass Village.
- Read about luxury 4 star hotels in Snowmass Village.
Hotels and Lodging:
- Viceroy Snowmass – Luxurious, 4.5 star hotel within walking distance to Snowmass Village Mall. There are two on-site restaurants.
- Westin Snowmass Resort – Mountainside lodging at its finest, 4 star accommodation with great amenities and two places to dine.
- Wildwood Snowmass – Affordable 3 star hotel with upscale amenities, located next to Westin.
Jan – Winter X Games – The best winter sports athletes in the world descend upon the Roaring Fork Valley every January. It’s a free event to watch, just book your hotel early!
Activities near Snowmass Village
- Maroon Bells Scenic Area
- Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness
- Roaring Fork River
- Snowmass Lake
- White River National Forest
- Glenwood Hot Springs (39mi)
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs (40mi)
- Penny Hot Springs (41mi)
- Yampah Vapor Caves (39mi)
- Aspen Highlands Ski Resort (8mi)
- Aspen Mountain Ski Resort (8mi)
- Buttermilk Ski Area (5mi)
- Snowmass Mountain Ski Resort
- Sunlight Mountain Resort (48mi)
- Aspen (8mi)
- Basalt (20mi)
- Carbondale (27mi)
- El Jebel (20mi)
- Glenwood Springs (39mi)
- Marble (56mi)
- Paonia (87mi)
- Redstone (43mi)
- Woody Creek (6mi)
Visit the Snowmass Village’s official website.
Latest in Snowmass Village
Colorado’s world class ski resorts feature a myriad of skiable acres and vertical drops, all waiting…
While Denver International Airport resides relatively close to the Rocky Mountains, you’re still well over an…
No other Colorado town boasts the impressive compilation of Colorado ski resorts in one location like…
There’s no snow required to glide down Colorado’s mountains on your butt! Come summer, several resorts…
Neighbor tourist spot of Aspen, Snowmass Village holds up to its own charm with its family-friendly…