The vast San Luis Valley is home to plentiful sunshine, incredible mountain ranges, and a wonderful high-altitude atmosphere for growing potatoes. Every September, Monte Vista hosts its annual late summer potato harvest.
Promoting and celebrating the harvest, visitors head to Chapman Park for family-friendly activities with food, crafts, and music the entire day. Start the morning off with a 5k Spud Run and continue the fun with guided agriculture tours, a mashed potato dunk tank, and more.
This year’s San Luis Valley Potato Festival takes place on Saturday, September 9th, 2023.
Some festival highlights include:
- Freshly harvested Colorado potatoes | Music | Crafts and food vendors
- Bouncy houses | Rock climbing wall | Truck show | Kid’s games
- Narrated train tours | Guided agricultural tours | Live animals
- The Famous Mashed Potato Dunk Tank | Spud 5K Race
- Professional chef demonstrations | Motorsport Stunt Show
Monte Vista Accommodations
Read about the best hotels in Monte Vista.
Address: Chapman Park, 4 Chico Camino, Monte Vista, CO
Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023