Purgatory’s Snowmobile Adventures offers guided tours on 35,000 acres of high alpine terrain. Tours depart daily from Durango Mountain Resort.
Over 75 miles of groomed trails exist to ensure all levels and abilities have fun. Free play in open meadows, visit old mine sites, rip across stage coach trails, soak in scenic overlooks, summit mountain passes and have a blast riding in La Plata County.
- One Hour – time spent on trails or in meadow.
- Two Hour – most popular tour explores the meadow behind Purgatory Mountain.
- Three Hour – ride most of the trails and play in the meadow.
- Four Hour – depends on group experience, weather and avalanche conditions.
- Snowfari – ride, not drive, on a giant snowmobile, while soaking in the San Juan’s.
- Dunton Hot Springs – guided overnight tour to a private hot springs.
Season: late November to early April