May brings warm weather and an end to the snow. Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer with festivities across the start. Fun events include the Downtown Denver Arts Festival and the Mountain Film In Telluride.
- Date: Thur-Sat, May 4-6, 2017
- Address: Durango
- About: 11th annual wine festival showcasing hundreds of craft wines, spirits and beers. The Walk-About Durango is a wine tasting held Friday and the Grand Tasting starts Saturday afternoon.
- Date: Thur-Sun, May 4-7, 2017
- Address: Cañon City
- About: 79th annual festival featuring national high school and middle school bands in competition areas of concert band, jazz band, parade and orchestra. A marching band and float parade is held downtown, with ample food vendors if you get hungry.
- Date: Sat, May 6, 2017
- Address: Estes Park
- About: You “adopt” a little rubber duck and race it down the Fall River. 95% of your entree will go to your choice of over 60 Estes Valley charities. There’s also prizes for hundreds of entries. Bond Park will feature family games and live music. In addition to the duck race, vendors in downtown Estes Park will be having a sidewalk sale Saturday and Sunday.
- Date: Sat-Sun, May 6-7, 2017, 10am-8pm
- Address: Civic Center Park, Denver
- About: 30th Cinco de Mayo celebration with music, dancing, food and festivities.
- Date: Sat-Sun, May 7-8, 2017
- Address: Clement Park, Littleton
- About: Features more than 200 local and national brewers, as well as live bands and food vendors.
- Date: Sat, May 20, 2017
- Address: Pueblo
- About: Fourth annual festival held by the Arkansas River and part of the Boats, Bands and BBQ celebration.
- Date: Fri-Mon, May 25-28, 2017
- Address: Craig
- About: Old West cultural festival that takes place over the Memorial Day Weekend at several locations: Fairgrounds, Downtown, and Cedar Mountain. Activities include a horse show, parade, carnival, live music, food and games.
- Date: Fri-Mon, May 25-28, 2018
- Address: Telluride
- About: Film festival held since 1979 in downtown Telluride, making it one of the longest running in America.
- Date: Sat-Sun, May 27-28, 2017
- Address: Stapleton, Denver
- About: 19th annual arts fest showcasing fine art from Colorado and national artists.
Go To June Events
Please contact us to add an event.
Some event related activities
Search for upcoming performing arts, rodeos and sports that aren’t listed under events.