Hunting exists all over the state, with opportunities for deer, duck, elk, moose and more, depending on season and tags.
Colorado Parks & Wildlife – Official resource for hunting in Colorado. Find season dates & fees, get your license online and learn about hunting.
- Plan Your Hunt – Resources for planning your trip.
- Colorado Hunting Atlas – Find game management units (GMU’s), campgrounds, and Parks & Wildlife offices.
Where To Hunt
With a valid hunting or fishing license, you can access more than 348 state wildlife areas. There’s also numerous state parks, national forests and BLM land.
- Barr Lake – Brighton; waterfowl hunting starting late September.
- Boyd Lake – Loveland; waterfowl hunting.
- Crawford – Crawford; waterfall and big game hunting.
- Colorado River – Grand Junction; waterfowl blinds.
- Harvey Gap – Rifle; waterfowl hunting.
- Highline Lake – Rifle; seven waterfowl blinds.
- Navajo – Arboles; deer, elk and bird hunting.
- Ridgway – Ridgway; big and small game hunting.
- San Luis – Mosca; big game, small game and waterfowl.
- Steamboat Lake – Clark; hunting permitted after Labor Day with license.
- Sweitzer Lake – Delta; shotgun hunting is allowed, waterfowl only on weekends.
- Trinidad Lake – Trinidad; Labor Day to Memorial Day.
- Vega – Collbran; only archery or shotgun loaded with bird-shot permitted.
State Wildlife Areas:
- Prewitt Reservoir – Merino; Northeast Colorado lake with fishing, hunting and camping. Waterfowl, Pheasant, Bobwhite Quail, Deer.
Both single day and multi-day guided hunts are available across the state.
Ripple Creek Lodge – Guided elk and deer hunts, fishing trips, log cabin rentals, horseback riding. Located on the Flat Tops Scenic Byway in Meeker.
Trappers Lake Lodge & Resort – Trappers Lake Lodge is located on the Flat Tops Byway in Meeker. It’s open from late May through October. They offer hunting and fishing trips, both day and overnight, as well a horse and cabin rentals. There is also a restaurant with a bar.
Please contact us to add a guided hunting trip.
Some related activities
Camping and fishing can be found throughout the state on state and federal lands. National forests and wildlife refuges permit hunting in places.